Northern Idaho is known for its breathtaking beauty, and this is especially true during fall. The cooling temperatures that signal the end of summer also help the landscape take on its autumn colors. For guests at Dover Bay Resort, one of the best ways to surround yourself with fall foliage is by exploring some of the nearby Idaho hiking trails.
A Guide to 5 Hiking Trails Near Sandpoint
After going for a walk along the shores of our waterfront resort, explore more of the region’s beauty of hiking trails found in Sandpoint, Dover, and the surrounding area. From paths perfect for families to something more suited for adults looking for an all-day outing, there is something for everyone.
- Walk along the edge of Lake Pend Oreille on the 3.3-mile Pend d’Oreille Bay Trail. Going along the northwest edge of the lake, this dog-friendly trail is ideal for enjoying lake views and doing a bit of bird watching.
- Explore the Greta’s Segway Trail. The 2.3-mile out-and-back trail is a popular option, so we recommend getting there earlier in the day or later at night to avoid the crowds.
- Another popular option is the Sandpoint Dover Community Trail. The urban paved trail is a 6.8-mile out-and-back option that is great for anyone looking to go for a jog or bike ride.
- Catch a glimpse of a waterfall on the 2.7-mile Waterfall Trail via Roundabout Trailhead. This is a moderately challenging hike, so we don’t recommend tackling it if you’re vacationing with younger children.
- While not in Sandpoint, the Maiden Rock Trail in Cocolalla is an exceptional day trip option. Part of the Idaho Panhandle National Forest, the well-marked path takes you to a secluded beach on the shores of Lake Pend Oreille.
Start Planning Your Autumn Getaway Today
There’s nothing quite like breathing in the crisp fall air as you explore an Idaho hiking trail surrounded by the golden tones of the season. Experience this type of beauty for yourself by reserving your stay at Dover Bay Resort. Found on the shores of Lake Pend Oreille, our waterfront resort is the ideal destination for anyone looking to enjoy the slower pace of life for a little while.
Grab all the snacks you need for your excursions at Dover Bay Market, or refuel when you get back with a delicious meal at Dish at Dover Bay. When you’re ready to call it a night, you won’t have any trouble unwinding in the comfort of your Dover rental. Our cozy bungalows have everything you need to feel at home. Call 208-263-5493 or email [email protected] to learn more.