Soon enough, the grounds of Dover Bay Resort will lose their stunning fall foliage and take on a whole new look. While North Idaho is breathtaking any time of year, there is something especially picturesque about the landscape when blanketed by falling snow. If you are someone who embraces the snow and cold of winter, now is the ideal time to reserve your Idaho vacation rental from Dover Bay Resort and plan an adventure-filled getaway.
What to Do on a Snow-Filled Getaway
On average, Dover can accumulate around 60 inches of snow a year. This means plenty of fresh powder and cold conditions to enjoy quintessential winter activities.
- Make the 30-minute drive to Schweitzer Mountain Ski Resort located in the Selkirk Mountains. Check their website for updates regarding trail conditions and to purchase your lift tickets.
- Take a break from exploring this winter wonderland to catch a show at the Panida Theater. The historic performing arts center is known for its winter season, filled with everything from concerts to fine art films.
- Spend a day at Round Lake State Park, found in nearby Sagle. This Idaho state park is the perfect place to enjoy several winter pastimes, including ice skating, sledding, and cross-country skiing.
- Bundle up and set out on a charter with Go Fish! Charters. Offering year-round charters, the experienced guides can help you reel in the catch of the day on a half or full-day outing. You will need to purchase your own license.
- Make your way to Pine Street Woods to enjoy a bit of fun in the snow. The wide trails are perfect for cross-country skiing, while the narrower trails are ideal for everything from snowshoeing to biking.
- Check out some of the memorable events that take place throughout the season. Kick off the holiday season with the tree lighting ceremony at Jeff Jones Town Square, or go skiing with Santa on the slopes at Schweitzer. Check Sandpoint’s calendar of events for more details.
If you’re looking for winter fun without having to leave our Lake Pend Oreille resort, there’s plenty to do! Feel like you’re inside a snow globe by dining inside an outdoor igloo at Dish at Dover Bay. Stop by Dover Bay Market to rent snowshoes and set off exploring our on-site trails.
Book Your Cozy Accommodations at Dover Bay
For anyone planning a winter vacation to Idaho, you need a place to call home that’s the perfect space to warm up in after a day out in the snow. You get that and more by booking your stay at Dover Bay Resort. Our collection of vacation rentals includes incredible bungalows, lofts, and condos with all the comforts of home.
Curl up in front of the fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa and turn on your go-to holiday movie, or bake your favorite cookies in the fully-equipped kitchen. Email [email protected] or call 208-263-5493 to learn more about reserving your winter wonderland escape today.