Pulling off the perfect vacation doesn’t happen by chance. It takes a bit of planning, but all of that work is worth it when you look out and see everyone having the time of their lives. At Dover Bay Resort, we are here to help you have the best vacation possible, which means being there for you before you even arrive. For anyone planning on road-tripping to our Dover Bay rentals, we’ve put together a helpful list of tips for both the drive and your stay at our lakefront resort.
How to Have the Best Road Trip Vacation
Whether your drive is only an hour or a few hours, driving is a fun way to have a mini-vacation within your vacation. Before pulling out of the driveway, though, there are some things you can do to ensure the best road trip possible.
- Consider taking your car in for an inspection. This can help you avoid any potential nasty surprises on the drive.
- In addition to an inspection, make sure you have a car kit stocked with jumper cables, flares and reflective triangles, a first aid kit, a portable phone charger, water, and more.
- Research your route to see what fun activities and attractions you will go past. Adding something like a picnic in a park or a stop at a local museum is a great way to break up the drive and give everyone a chance to stretch their legs.
- Another thing to do before hitting the road is to make sure your favorite playlist is downloaded. The last thing you want to do is be jamming along to your favorite song and have it pause because of bad service.
- As old-school as it sounds, it’s also not a bad idea to print off a copy of directions. This is especially true if you are going to our resort for the first time. This simple task can help make sure you arrive in one piece.
What to Do Before Arriving at Our Resort
Prepping for your road trip is only part of the equation. You also need to prep for your stay with us. The most important thing to do is research and book your accommodation. Found on 285 stunning acres, our collection of Dover Bay and Sandpoint rentals includes bungalows and condos in various sizes. When planning your visit, take your time browsing our inventory to find the one that fits your group size and budget best.
Once you have a place to call home, have fun creating a rough itinerary of all the things you want to do. Be sure to include a mix of on and off-site activities. Check out a boat rental from Sandpoint Watersports, which is housed at Dover Bay Marina. Cast your line fishing or set off hiking local trails. Dover Bay Resort guests also receive complimentary passes to the Lake Club Fitness Center, which features a year-round heated pool and spa, tennis court, and volleyball court.