Who says you have to wait until summer to enjoy an unforgettable family vacation? Spring break is the perfect time to pack your bags and head out on a memorable getaway. For a fun and unique destination, book your stay at Dover Bay Resort. Found on the shores of Lake Pend Oreille, our resort is the ideal destination for any family looking to enjoy an Idaho spring break escape.
On average, spring in the Sandpoint area means rising temperatures that reach the mid-60s by the end of May. While you may still want to dress in layers for outdoor activities, there’s no reason you can’t get out and explore. Between the activities offered at our resort and nearby area activities, you won’t have to worry about running out of things to do. Keep reading to learn more about some of the most popular family-friendly things to do near Sandpoint and Dover Bay.
5 Family-Friendly Activities & Attractions
- If your break falls later in the season, rent a kayak or paddleboard from Dover Bay Market. Just make sure you’re dressed appropriately, as the water will still be cold.
- Our Northern Idaho resort is found on 285 breathtaking acres. Explore some of our stunning property by lacing up your tennis shoes and wandering the nine miles of trails.
- Make plans to cast your line with the help of an experienced fishing guide. Charters like Seagull Charters, Eagle Charters LLC, Pend Oreille Charters, and North Star Charters offer several excursions.
- Sneak in one last round of skiing. Schweitzer Mountain is usually open until mid-April, which means you can enjoy some late spring skiing.
- See how many activities you can squeeze into your visit at Round Lake State Park. Explore bike trails or hike along the trails and see what wildlife you can spot.
Start Planning Your Spring Break Escape
Spring break will be here before you know it, which makes now the perfect time to plan your Idaho getaway to Dover Bay Resort. Our family-friendly resort has everything you need to enjoy an unforgettable vacation with the ones you love most.
The first step in planning your visit is browsing our inventory of incredible Sandpoint and Dover Bay rentals. With everyone from parkside bungalows to modern condos and everything in between, we have the perfect option for you. If you have any questions about which vacation rental fits your group best, call 208-263-5493 or email [email protected].